The Battle for the Hearts and Wheels of the Market
Will electric cars start to erode crude oil’s monopoly on transportation? For the first time in over 100 years there is a market share battle brewing for the turning of our wheels. There are many possible outcomes and much will depend on social attitudes towards mobility.
Innovation knows of no boundaries. So how will automotive technologies, petroleum or electron powered, evolve over the next couple of decades? What role could government policies play? And what are the implications for investment strategy in upstream energy companies amidst all this change and uncertainty?
This unique, one-day forum hosted by Peter Tertzakian and Jackie Forrest of the ARC Energy Research Institute, will bring together global experts to provoke thought among participants about the battle for the wheels, looking into the future on how new technology will evolve, and how the incumbent petroleum-based technologies will battle back to protect their market share.
ARC’s forum will include top-tier dialogue and new perspectives on an increasingly contentious subject for energy investors, corporate leaders and policy makers. Topics covered will include:
- Auto sale and mobility trends
- Electric wheels, benefits and barriers for adoption
- Electric batteries today, future potential, and factors that shape growth
- Future innovations for the combustion engine and greener fuels
- Increasing the barriers to entry: the rapid pace of oil and gas upstream innovation
- Implications of peak oil demand
The one-day event starts at 7:30 am and ends at 6:30 pm, and includes a continental breakfast, lunch and a closing reception (see Agenda for more details).
(Our Event is Sold Out)
Watch for more exciting speaker announcements coming soon!
- Steve Koonin,(New York, USA) Former US DOE Under Secretary and Current Director of NYU CUSP
- Larry Burns, (Detroit, USA) Former Advisor to Google on Self Driving Cars and VP of R&D for GM
- Peter Tertzakian, (Calgary, Canada) Executive Director, ARC Energy Research Institute
- James Scongack, (Tiverton, Canada) Vice President, Corporate Affairs and Environment, Bruce Power
- Rebecca Lindland, (Connecticut, USA) Senior Director of Commercial Auto Insights for Kelley Blue Book
- Alan Nagel, (Calgary, Canada) SAE Certified Vehicle Electrification Specialist (CVEP), Vtrux Canada (VIA Motors) and Sun Country Highway
- Andrew Miller, (London, United Kingdom) Analyst, Benchmark Mineral Intelligence
- Dr. Linda Nazar (Waterloo, Canada) University of Waterloo Professor and Canada Research Chair Solid State Energy Materials
- Bill Woebkenberg, (Detroit, USA) Transport Fuels Technical and Regulatory Specialist, Aramco Research Center
- Mark Nantais, (Toronto, Canada) President, Canadian Vehicle Manufacturer’s Association
- Lawrence Romanosky, (Calgary, Canada) General Sales Manager, Porsche Centre Calgary
- Doug Suttles, (Calgary, Canada) President and Chief Executive Officer of Encana Corporation
- Mark Blackwell, (Calgary, Canada) Entrepreneur In Residence at the GE Industrial Internet Accelerator
- David Mount, (San Francisco, USA) Partner at Kleiner Perkins Caulfield & Byers
- Kevin Skillern, (San Francisco, USA) Managing Partner, Energy Innovation Capital
- Jackie Forrest, (Calgary, Canada) Director of Research, ARC Energy Research Institute
The forum will be held in a unique location, at Calgary’s Heritage Park, Gasoline Alley Museum. Surrounded by stunning vintage vehicles, antique gas pumps and automotive memorabilia, conference delegates will contemplate the future of light duty transportation.
Calgary’s Heritage Park, Gasoline Alley Museum
1900 Heritage Dr. S.W.
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
To book accommodation at the Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire (our preferred hotel for the event), please use the following link: https://www.starwoodmeeting.com/Book/arcapril3
The ARC Energy Investment Forum will arrange round trip transportation between Heritage Park and the Sheraton Suites Calgary Eau Claire on April 3rd. Please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve transport.