The manure has hit the wind turbine. That’s clean energy talk for the sh*t hitting the fan. It’s always a messy business when people lose money in the stock market. Broad equity markets have been sullied of late, but it’s the overhyped technology investments that have suffered the big losses. And, in that category, companies […]
About Peter Tertzakian
This author has not written his bio yet.
But we are proud to say that Peter Tertzakian contributed 140 entries already.
Entries by Peter Tertzakian
Why am I waking up feeling like it’s the 1970s? Russian aggression, superpower confrontations, inflation, spiking energy prices and fears of disruption—it’s all déjà vu for Cold War veterans (like me). Environmental degradation was top-of-mind in the ‘70s too. Acid rain, Three Mile Island, smog and leaded gasoline were among many earthly problems furrowing our […]
The price of oil ‘has legs’, as they say. Running bulls are calling for another era of $100-plus. The last time we saw that number flicker on a quote screen was July 2014. Today’s market feels more like circa 2007. Robust oil and gas consumption tugs against reluctant production; geopolitical tensions—think Russia, Ukraine, Middle East—act […]
Climate crisis plus energy crisis does not equal a good path to net-zero emissions. Policy wonks at the upcoming COP26 conference in Glasgow later this month will have a tough time with this calculus. It’s been a while since the phrase energy crisis has been thrown around. When I hear it, I have déjà vu […]
4300 – 400 3rd Ave S.W.
Direct Phone: (403) 292 – 0680
An Integral Part of ARC Financial Corp.
Join Our Newsletter
- Canada’s 2030 Emissions Reduction Plan, GLOBE Forum and the IEA’s Tim Gould April 5, 2022
- Russia’s War on Ukraine: A Security and Intelligence Perspective March 22, 2022
- Canada’s Journey to Export Oil to the World: An Interview with Ian Anderson, CEO of Trans Mountain Corp. March 15, 2022
- Ukraine War and the Implications for Global Energy Markets March 8, 2022
- An Interview with Murray Mullen, President and CEO of the Mullen Group March 1, 2022